October 15 2017
La Luz, Laiya, San Juan Batangas
AmphibRun is a multi-stage adventure competition where teams composed of 2 participants who will swim and then run together until the finishline. The swim course will take place in open water, while the run course will take place in an off-road terrain.
Registration is Closed
Assembly Point: La Luz, Laiya, Batangas (Get Directions with Google Maps)
Assembly Time: October 15, 2017, Time TBA
- Members of the team will both run 1.5 km together
- Both will swim the 1.5km together in the open water
- Both run the 12km trail together
- Throughout the race they must carry all their mandatory gear (see below), including running gear through the swim
Both persons must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Able to swim
Early Bird Rate: PHP3,500 per team of two (register on or before Sep 18)
Regular Rate: PHP4,000 per team of two
Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable to other events or persons.
Each member is required to bring all items from start to finish:
- Light or bright colored swim cap
- Swimming goggles
- Swimming vests
- Hydration gear for the run
- Swim fins
- Pull buoy
- Swim paddle
- Finisher medal
- Finisher shirt
- Finisher towel
- Bib vest
- Post-race meal
Family Day Trip Package
Now available for friends and family of AmphibRun participants! For P580 per person:
- Beach resort entrance fee
- Welcome drink
- Beach access
- Use of cabanas
Register now using the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am not a very confident swimmer. Can I still join, considering that I will be wearing a swimming vest and will be with my teammate the whole time?
It is required for both members of the team to be capable of swimming even without vests / floatation
devices / swimming tools. The water is always unpredictable, and swimmers should be prepared and
trained to complete the swim together with confidence.
2. Why are there mandatory gear and why are we required to carry them from start to finish?
AmphibRun is a unique race that is based on the spirit of teamwork, good application of strategies, and a
great sense of adventure. While it is a swim-run race, it is different from aquathlon races in the sense
that it is a team sport that it will challenge you to think and move together to reach the finishline. You
could say that AmphibRun is very similar to Adventure Racing.
3. Is this race only for hardcore athletes?
The AmphibRun course is friendly to age-groupers. The race will be held in La Luz Resort, in Laiya,
Batanggas- which has been a favorite venue for a popular brand of off-road triathlon race for beginners.
The run course will take place at Mt. Daguldul, which is classified as a minor climb (can be hiked in 5
hours or less if you run), and with trail class 1-3 (ranging from easy stroll to using hands for balance). As
with all endurance events, training is key. Respect the distance.
About The Organizer
For updates, questions, and other concerns, you may visit the Be Trail Ready page on Facebook: https://facebook.com/be.trailready.3